TechWomen: Professional Mentorship and Exchange Program–2014 Application Now Open!
Apply now for the 2014 TechWomen Program!
Women from Africa and the Middle East will participate in the fall 2014 TechWomen program, which includes mentorships and professional exchanges at leading companies in Silicon Valley, California, and concludes with workshops, networking events and meetings in Washington, DC.
“The doors that were opened and the resources that were availed to me through the TechWomen community are amazing.” 2013 participant from Zimbabwe
- Be women with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
For more information and further eligibility requirements please visit:
Deadline to apply: February 10, 2014
TechWomen empowers, connects, and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by providing them access and opportunity to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and become role models for women and girls in their communities.
TechWomen is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Department of State is partnering with the Institute of International Education (IIE) to implement this program. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.